Should I choose Stainless Steel or Sterling Silver For My Jewelry?
Stainless steel and sterling silver are two materials your jewelry is most likely made out of. They are both great materials and I don't one think there is one better than the other, it all depends what qualities you are looking for in your jewelry. If you are looking for something durable that takes little to no maintenance and on top of that, is affordable; stainless steel is probably the best pick for you! If you would prefer that you're jewelry be made of a precious metal without having to compromising too much on quality; then sterling silver is just what you're looking for. Here are some brief characteristics so you can decide for yourself.
- Made from steel and chromium
- Scratch resistant
- Highly durable; DOES NOT: tarnish, rust, or corrode
- Mirror-like finish
- Hypoallergenic ( Surgical tools are usually made from stainless steel )
- Best: If you intend to wear your jewelry on a daily basis and expose it to the elements.
- Sterling silver is made from 92.5% silver and 7.5% other metals, usually copper
- Will tarnish without proper care
- Soft and light and can be comfortable to wear
- Best: Because of its versatile, it makes the perfect precious metal to add value to your jewelry.